Active in two countries and counting, our client is growing their Security team and is looking for a Security Engineer. In this new position you are responsible for all operational aspects of cyber security. This will include aspects of security testing, auditing and monitoring. You will work with the in-house teams to design, implement and monitor a comprehensive Cyber Security program.
Does this sounds like a challenge to you?
- Design and implement processes in order to test the level of implemented security controls and measures. This covers all aspects of information security engineering including Application and (Network) Security Testing.
- Work with the Information Security Officer to provide security expertise, coaching and guidance to the engineering and development teams.
- Liaise with the software development teams to implement best practice security implementations and test applications.
- Manage security incidents; detection, containment, resolution.
- Work across all teams to re mediate and patch incidents.
- Conduct security audits and assessments both internally and with suppliers and third parties.
Are you a software engineer who would love to move in to the field of Security engineering? Our client will fully support your career-switch providing you can demonstrate you have genuine passion, the initiative and the motivation to make this happen. Reporting directly to the Information Security Officer, this is your fantastic opportunity to realise your dream move.
We are looking for a person who has a pragmatic approach to problem solving; who is a team player with good communications skills, someone who loves to take ownership and learn a lot!
The below is not strictly the required skills you need, but will highlight the technology stack you will be working with:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Information and Application Security field with a minimum of 5 years total working experience.
- Bachelor/ Master Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in using Static and Dynamic Code Analysis tools in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Full understanding of best practice network security implementations; OS, network, code analysis.
- Experience designing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring security platforms and tools; i.e. Nessus, Vault, IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts, top-tier cloud providers, and associated technologies, as well as familiarity with attack vectors, hacking techniques and tools. Basic knowledge in shell/bash scripting and/or Python.
- You are a self-starter and able to work independently.
- You are able to work with all levels of the organization to implement security controls. Most importantly, this includes working with the Development and Infrastructure teams.
- Ability to audit systems, processes and third party providers to ensure compliance to company policies and standards.
- Implement, test and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture.
- For this position we offer you extra personal In-house training/ education.
- Enjoy a competitive salary with great benefits.
- Learn on the go: yearly 5% of your year salary available for personal development.
- Flexible work hours, start the day between 8:00 and 10:00.
- Free fruit & great coffee and tea.
- Regular Friday night drinks, game nights and other fun events.
- In house Coach.
- Tech lunches.
- 25 vacation days.
- Bi-weekly chair massages.
- Collective Health Insurance
- Pension plan, 75% contribution by employer
- Travel reimbursement.